March 30, 2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3 Dear Friends, I’m sure I’m not the only woman who was discouraged to see the story last week about women, weight and exercise. A sample headline: “Older Women Need 1-hour Workouts to Fend Off Flab.” The story said that at least an hour a day of moderate activity… Continue Reading
Tag Archives: Elizabeth Somer
Jan. 10, 2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1 Dear Friends, As I was thinking about topics for this new year, I realized that (surprise!), none of my speaker-authors are debuting new books this January. Does that mean there isn’t anything new regarding health, diet and exercise? Well, not exactly, but possibly things are settling out a… Continue Reading
November 30, 2006, Vol. IV Issue 23 Dear Friends, In my last issue, I shared stories about Sue Kirby and Deb DiSandro and how they went the extra mile in making appreciation events especially meaningful for their honorees and audiences. In this issue, I’d like to share two more ideas about appreciation. The first is… Continue Reading
June 22, 2006, Vol. IV Issue 13 Dear Friends, Summer is officially here, and the spring meeting season is winding down. This past week Deb Gauldin, Sue Kirby and Jana Stanfield represented The Speak Well Being Group at Spirit of Women’s annual meeting in Dallas, TX. The theme this year was “Our Legacy in Women’s… Continue Reading
April 27, 2006, Vol. IV Issue 9 Dear Friends, Meeting planners continue to ask for lots of fun, whether it’s fun in the way a health message is delivered or in a program that’s just plain packed with belly laughs. A good time means a good association with the organization and heaven knows we all… Continue Reading
- Women’s Day Out Brims with Creative Ideas
- Food News Blues
- Change Is In The AIr
- Penny for Your Thoughts: Who’s Got the Money?
- Habit-Forming, It’s A Good Thing
- Heart Healthy Update
- Take A Drive, Enjoy the Ride
- Food for Thought
- Beyond Bagels: What’s On Your Plate at Conferences?
- Compliments and Cancer Perspective
- Meeting Planner Appreciation
- A Day Just For Women
- Holiday Cheer: Tasty Meals Without Weight Gain!
- People + Pets = Weight Loss Success
- Shopping Tip: Females for Femail
- Speaker Spotlight: Elizabeth Somer, MA, RD
- Hiking or Biking: Summertime Fun & Fuel
- In the News: McDonald’s: May I Check Your Oil Please?
- View from the Summit: Awesome but Afterward Aches