America's On-the-Go Health Guru
Joanne Lichten, PhD, RD, CSP, is known as “Dr. Jo” — America’s On-The-Go Health Guru. She is an accomplished author, speaker, freelance writer and media spokesperson who helps busy people stay healthy, sane, and productive.
As a proven, professional speaker, Dr. Jo is recognized for her energy and audience participation. She offers plenty of real life, practical advice that even the busiest of people can incorporate into their lives.
Dr. Jo is the author of four books including her latest, REBOOT – how to power up your energy, focus, and productivity. She has appeared on more than 300 TV and radio shows including CNN, Fox News Channel, Living Better TV, Talk Radio Network, Radio America, and Let’s Talk Travel with AAA. Her articles and quotes have appeared in over 200 newspapers, magazines, and websites including the Washington Post, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Business Traveler, Cosmopolitan, NorthWest Airlines World Traveler, Muscle & Fitness, Fit, Women’s World, Weight Watchers, Prevention, and Cooking Light. She’s a regular contributor to Relish Magazine and Relishmag.com.
She earned her Bachelors (SUNY) and Master’s degrees (Virginia Polytechnic Institute) in nutrition and began her career as a clinical dietitian. At the age of 26 she became the founding director of the Dietetics Program at the University of Texas/Pan American where she developed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics Program and earned full national accreditation. Dr. Joanne Lichten earned her PhD in adult education from Texas A&M University researching the difficult issue of how to help people make healthy changes in all aspects of their lives.
As a media spokesperson, she has worked with companies including KFC, Yoplait, SlimFast, Canola Info, NatureMade, Burger King, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Benefiber and NutraGrain. Her work includes TV and radio appearances, speaking at conferences on their behalf, writing print material for professional and consumer publications, and exhibiting at trade shows.
Most Popular Topics:
What Every Woman Wants – Great Legs, More Energy, & Peace of Mind
Feeling fat, frazzled, and fatigued? It’s no wonder! The average American woman is working full time both at work and at home. If you’re looking for more energy and enthusiasm, Dr. Jo® can help. This fun, funny, and motivational program will make you feel more relaxed, more in control, and ready to make some simple “no big deal” changes that will make a big difference in your life. Find out how to:
- Feel more energized throughout the day with just a few simple changes
- Get in control of your weight without having to succumb to another “diet”
- Cope with those aggravating “little things” that cause so much of our mental and physical distress
- Find needed time for yourself
Reboot – How to Power Up Your Energy, Focus, and Productivity
You’ve got so much to do. Have you ever wished you could keep going and going and going like the Energizer® battery? (Or at least not fight fatigue after lunch?) Dr. Jo has researched hundreds of research studies to uncover proven health tips that will help you keep your energy up all day long including:
- How to control your thoughts and worries that tire you out
- Getting a refreshing night’s sleep and powernapping to recharge the brain cells
- Simple changes in the way you eat to prevent the blood sugar swings that zap your energy
Eat, Play, Laugh – Simple Strategies for Staying Healthy and Fit on the Go
With everything we have to do at work and at home, we often neglect to take care of ourselves the way we should. Think you don’t have enough time? Dr. Jo® offers inspiration with small change suggestions that make a big difference in our overall health and well-being. Discover:
- Healthy ideas for “desktop” and “dashboard” dining
- Quick dinner and snack ideas to help keep your energy up
- How to fit exercise into a busy day – and have fun doing it!
- Mood changers that will significantly decrease your stress level
Swimming in a Sea of Priorities
Do you have too much to do and not enough time? Feeling guilty that you don’t spend enough time with your loved ones or on the things you enjoy? In just a short time, you’ll feel more on track with your priorities and less stressed. Dr. Jo® will help you:
- Establish your personal priorities & identify the true stressors in your life
- Learn how to stay focused at work and let it go when you’re home
- Create steps to smooth the transition from work to home (one of the most stressful periods)
How to Stay Healthy & Fit on the Road
Whether it’s business or pleasure that takes you on the road, travel can zap your energy and pack on the pounds. Dr. Jo®, author of How to Stay Healthy & Fit on the Road and former contributor for USATODAY.com’s business travel section, shares quick and easy tips for alleviating weight gain and the worn-out feeling of travel! Learn how to:
- Eat healthy in any restaurant – even fast food
- Creatively fit in fitness and have fun!
- Get a good night’s sleep anywhere
- Manage jet lag and stress
How to Enjoy the Ride of Your Life
Whether we like it or not, change has become part of everyone’s job description. Our natural tendency is to resist change since it makes us feel fearful, out of control, and emotionally and physically unhealthy. How to Enjoy the Ride of Your Life is not about how to change your organization, it’s about how to restructure your thinking so you can look at change as a positive force, not a threat. Learn how to:
- Fly through turbulence without crashing
- Replace self-destructive coping methods with constructive ones
- Brainstorm instead of Blamestorm
- Constructively express your anger and practice the power of persuasion
- Go with the flow and be flexible (while maintaining peace of mind)
Lean, Mean Restaurant Cuisine
We often consider eating out as an opportunity to “indulge.” Yet, when you’re eating out (like most Americans) an average of five times a week, that indulgence can show on our waists and in our health. But eating out sensibly doesn’t leave just grilled chicken and salad – in fact, sometimes they are the worst thing on the menu. Dr. Jo®, author of Eat Out Healthy, navigates the nutritional backroads from bistro to burger joint during this fun and informative program. She’ll share:
- How to manage weight, diabetes or heart disease at restaurants
- The healthier choices at chain restaurants
- Simple requests (chef-approved to taste great) to make almost any meal healthier