Motivational Speaker and Lifestyle Expert
Motivational speaker and lifestyle expert, Polly Pitchford gets people to take a fresh look at their lifestyle choices — choices that directly affect their vitality, health and happiness. Polly offers audience members concrete, easy-to-do food, fitness and stress management tips that they can start using immediately. And she delivers them in her fun, high-energy way, giving them new perspectives on health and wellness and simple ways to change self-sabotaging behaviors into easy to implement ideas. By the time they leave, they will have caught her unbridled enthusiasm and passion for nourishing their health from the inside out and will have boatloads of fun in the process!
Polly’s journey to her own healthy lifestyle began 30 years ago when she attended a vegetarian cooking class. That fortuitous experience resulted in a first attempt at healthy cooking – a Tofu Banana Crème Pie that she made for her family. As you will hear, their annual tofu-pie-in-the-face contest has become a time-honored tradition to mark that turning point in her life!
Soon thereafter, she was invited to an aerobics class but before she accepted, she had to get in shape, of course, so she drew the curtains and did leg lifts to Jane Fonda’s Workout Video. When she finally did go she was hooked! Great music, lots of women of all shapes and ages and those powerful little things called Endorphins made her a lifetime fan. Jumping in with both feet, Polly quit her job and went to work in a health food deli to learn all the basics of grains and beans and simultaneously became a group fitness instructor (she knew if she was the instructor – she would have to show up!)
What makes Polly’s message of health so impactful is her own experience of how stress can undermine our best healthy efforts. She shares her story of her father’s 20 year convalescence in various nursing homes after a cerebral hemorrhage he suffered when she was 9 years old. Polly weaves her journey of handling life’s major upsets and everyday stresses in a way that we can all relate to. Her unwavering belief that every moment of every day is an opportunity to create a healthier you is infectious.
Polly is a motivational speaker who’s excited about sharing what she has learned, with lots of mistakes and funny stories along the way. She will leave people laughing, empowered and recommitted to making small attempts, everyday, to become your best self by nourishing your best health. And they will sing your praises for bringing Polly to them.
Cool Stuff About Polly You Might Want To Know:
1. She had her own television and radio shows, “Eating Healthy.”
2. She was rated number one fitness instructor, 2 years in a row, in the state of Florida.
3. She’s published two vegetarian cookbooks, “Starting Over: Learning to Cook with Natural Foods”, and “Cookin’ Healthy with One Foot Out the Door.”
4. She runs “Lifestyle Challenge” courses for corporations and fitness clubs throughout Florida.
5. She has several accredited exercise videos.
Most Popular Topics:
Laughing Your Way to Wellness:
A Woman’s Guide to Stressing Less
- The alarm didn’t go off…
- Your kid in college needs more money…
- Your project at work was due yesterday…
- The Middle East threat looms larger.
We all live every day of our lives with stress. Some are the big, looming stressors like illness in the family or job loss but most of our stress, especially as women, comes from all the balls we try to keep juggling in the air. Our To-Do list is endless and we rarely put self-care at the top of that list! The reality is that we are tightly wound and exhausted from living with this constant tension and our health and happiness suffers as a result, at work and at home. And when mama’s not happy. . .
After Polly’s humorous program, you will walk away empowered to take charge of your health and ready to make positive, long-lasting changes. Polly’s practical, doable strategies are a cinch to put into your life right away. Laugh out loud and stress less as you learn simple ways to:
- Put yourself first on your To-Do List
- Stop over-obligating yourself – how to say “no” without feeling guilty
- Release the stress valve, daily
- Discover the six secrets of soothing slumber and restoring your energy tanks
- “Unzip” from your own drama and the rewards that result
- Use best foods to replenish your adrenals
- Move your body to restore your energy!
The Secrets to Reduce Stress, Improve Energy and Feel Fantastic: From Burned Out to Bodacious!
We can no longer deny the facts: Stress not only reduces our efficiency at work and at home, it also compromises our health, clouds our focus, damages our relationships and ravages our emotions. In this potentially life-saving, fun, high- energy session, Polly will share the secrets to help you take back control of your life, your time, your productivity, your happiness and your good health. You’ll go back to your world revitalized, re-energized and with a tool box filled with strategies to keep you in the driver’s seat of your own well-being.
Attendees will leave knowing:
- The quickest way to de-stress at work
- How to instantly brighten your outlook at your desk
- The 5 best ways to release the Feel Good Hormones
- How to give your “Control Freak” ways a break
- The secret to instant energy to get you through a slump
The Outrageous Girls Guide to Good Health: Change Your Attitude About Food and Fitness and Laugh in the Process!
It’s not your mother’s diet plan anymore. It’s a new world. It’s a new day. And it’s time for a new perspective on women’s health. This isn’t about willpower, rigid rules, deprivation, or even the numbers on the scale. In fact, it’s not about the numbers on the outside, but the numbers on the inside. Join us as Polly, in her fun and entertaining way, tips the scales on women’s health, showing you that it’s not that you’ve been doing the wrong things, but that you’ve been focused in the wrong direction. Finally a refreshing perspective and powerful tools you can easily implement to create the life you want, and even have fun in the process.
Attendee Take Aways:
- 5 Fab Fitness Moves
- Raising Healthy Children…and Husbands
- Eating Right on the Run
- Breaking Up With Your Muffin Top
- How To Make Doing Squats Fun
- First Thought of the Day to Slow Down The Aging Process
- The Best Tools for Achieving Life balance
- 4 Most Important Release Valve Techniques for Stress and Anxiety
- The Secret to Sidestepping Sedentary Diseases
- Rockstar Foods for Reducing the Risk of Heart Disease
- How to Turn Down the Volume on Menopause
- Eating through major life changes – avoiding stress eating
- 5 ways to look thinner without doing anything
Best Ways to Use Polly
Most people want Polly to open their conferences with her usual high-energy, fun, invigorating presentation since it will set the PERFECT tone for the entire event. And while she’s there she can further contribute to the success of your event by:
- Conducting morning “Hot to Trot” Yoga, Zumba, Muscle Tone or Stretch classes. Oh, your people will be humming with high energy all day!
- Conducting breakout sessions specifically designed to help people eat more healthily on the run.
- What’s REALLY fun is for her to create a very tasty snack recipe, work with the hotel chef to actually USE that recipe for their afternoon snack, and then, in her session, conduct a demo of how to make that snack at home. People LOVE this one!