In her three decades in the fitness industry, Mare Petras, CEO (Chief Energy Officer) of Fitness Simply has been through all the fads and all the extremes, discovering that a simple, moderate approach to fitness is what feels best and works. Her fitness background, life coach training, and messaging skills offer audiences a unique “one size does not fit all” approach to wellness.
Recognized by the New York Times as the anytime, anywhere fitness expert, Mare’s playful mind, body, and spirit fit-losphy encourages people to “enjoy their bodies, enjoy their lives, every minute every day.” She exposes the motivational roadblocks to good health and provides audiences fun, easy, and simple solutions to reduce stress, improve attitude, and “refine their exteriors.” During her years as one of Washington D.C.’s premiere fitness trainers, she:
1. Ran with (well, behind) President Clinton for the American Heart Association’s National Capitol Affiliate.
2. Worked out Arnold Schwarzenegger during the “Great American Workout” held on the Whitehouse lawn.
3. Was featured in Shape magazine as a provider of fitness programs for busy women.
Mare is the author of three fun Fitness Simply® books: Tone Up With Wine and Other Fun Fit Tips, The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Swimsuit Shoppers, and Buff Boomers and Beyond. She writes for local and national health magazines and sits on various wellness advisory boards. She is a DVD star and fitness spokesperson, frequently quoted on health websites and in wellness publications such as Reader’s Digest and Women’s World. Moreover, Mare is a trainer of trainers, providing wellness coaching workshops for fitness professionals and is an active member of the National Speakers Association. After years of working in the physical fitness industry, Mare gave her brain a workout and in 2010 completed an undergraduate degree (Summa Sum Laude) in English/Communications.
A native Texan (via Washington, D.C.), Mare loves living (and exercising) in Florida with her family.
Most Popular Topics:
Fitness Simply: Tick-Tock Rewind the Clock
Calling women of all ages! Discover the unique aging issues of women and find simple ways to look and feel your best . . . naked or otherwise. Deflect aging energy drainers with youthful energy refreshers. By consistently integrating effective mind, body, and spirit exercises throughout your day, you can radiate from the inside out and either stop or turn back the clock.
* Explore the distinctive health needs of women throughout various life stages
* Address the unique challenges and discern self-care fixes
* Discover 30+ mind, body, and spirit tips that help to create a sense of vitality, well-being, and balance
Fitness Simply: Life with a Twist
The #1 excuse to not exercise is “no time.” If you can find the time to brush your teeth, you have just created the space for a mini-workout routine. Discover simple and creative ways to fit fitness into your day . . . anytime, anywhere. It’s not about perspiring; it’s about inspiring yourself to “just do something!” Go from multi-tasking to mindful-tasking. No time? You have no time to waste.
* Explore the NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) strategy for weight control
* Provide anchoring exercises to help participants connect with their bodies beyond the session
* Learn 30+ energizing exercises that can be done anytime, anywhere using walls, balls, stairs, chairs, and wine
Fitness Simply: Banish the Bloat
You know what to eat and how to exercise, but that’s not enough. If stress were a dress, what size would you wear? Stress can make you fat and turn you into a bore. When it comes to stress, one size does not fit all. De-clutter your stress closet by identifying, reducing, and eliminating unnecessary stressors. Explore various mind, body, and spirit techniques to help you to stress for success.
* Explore various controllable and uncontrollable sources of stress
* Learn concepts for long-term weight control regarding the wellness trinity of proper eating, moderate movement, and stress management
* Walk away with 30+ simple mind, body, and spirit tips to restore a healthful balance